FLEA CONTROL CONROE, TX
FLEA CONTROL CONROE, TX
Fleas present a year-round issue here in Conroe, Spring, The Woodlands, and Houston. Our mild winters and warm summers produce favorable conditions for Fleas to thrive and survive! They also multiply quickly. Which is not good news for homeowners in Conroe, TX!
Fleas are a common problem in dogs and cats and can cause itchy skin and anemia when in large numbers. In fact, Fleas are the number one treated illness in Pets every year. Fleas look like tiny black seeds with legs and they multiply rapidly!
What Do Fleas Do To Your Pet?
If your pet is allergic to flea saliva, they are likely to have an itchy skin condition from the bite. This can lead to redness, scratching, infections, and even anemia if left untreated. They will also pick up tapeworms.
How to Determine If You Have A Flea Infestation
The easiest way to determine if you have a flea infestation is to look for the following symptoms in your pet:
- flea dirt (small black specks in their fur which turn red when wet)
- redness around the ears or neck
- skin irritations or infections
If you don’t have a pet, you can determine whether you have fleas or not by :
- walking barefoot across the floor and seeing if any fleas hop on you
- putting a few drops of water into a glass and adding a few drops of dish soap. If you have fleas, they will float to the top because they cannot swim in the soapy water mixture
- see if any of the previously mentioned symptoms are present in your home (e.g. skin irritations, itchiness)
What Do Fleas Look Like:
Adult fleas are about 1/8 inch long and are dark brown to black. They have 2 large hind legs for jumping, a tough body, and a head with big eyes. The flea’s abdomen is tucked up under their body which allows them to move quickly in tight spaces. They move in a jerky motion when on your pet and look like they are trying to burrow under the skin.
The Flea Life Cycle:
The flea life cycle starts when the female lays eggs after feeding on blood. The eggs fall off your pet and hatch in about 5-12 days. The larvae feed on adult flea dirt and within 20-30 days will spin cocoons where they live for 6 months or longer until they are fully developed.
The adult flea emerges from the cocoon by chewing a small opening and begins to look for blood immediately. The flea’s saliva is what causes itching and redness. Adult fleas can live for several months and only need to feed on blood every few days. They are capable of laying up to 50 eggs per day which is why you need to get rid of them early.
How Did I Get Fleas?
A flea infestation in your house is the result of a combination of several factors:
- You have an infested pet living in your house
- Fleas are able to jump on your pet from an outside host, so they don’t have to live on the pet
- The pet brought them in from outside and they have been living on the floor or furniture for a while
- The fleas are able to survive long enough to reproduce and continue the infestation
- You brought them into your house on shoes or clothes without knowing, by touching an outside animal, etc.
FLEA CONTROL NEAR ME!
How Do I Get Rid Of Fleas? You should call CPL Pest Control! We are leading the industry in flea control and reducing the flea population all throughout Conroe, TX. The way we treat Fleas is simple but VERY EFFECTUAL! We here at CPL Pest Control treat your entire yard for Fleas. Your pet has traveled throughout your yard dropping fleas in profitable areas for fleas to populate. That is why we must treat your entire yard! In addition, we must treat the entire inside of your home as well. This ensures that we totally eradicate the flea problem!
If you are dealing with fleas, contact CPL Pest Control today for your FREE Consultation and Quote! We promise to evaluate the situation, evict the flea problem, and entice fleas never to come back to your home! We promise your 100% Satisfaction!